Hair is one of the most important adornments for human beings and it enhances ones looks. Imagine having to cut your hair simply because you cannot get rid of the split ends? The good thing is that trimming your hair is not the only solution of dealing with split ends. There are several home remedies that can help you deal with the problem of split ends.
Split ends occur due to various factors such as sun, pollution, dust, excessive heat and the various beauty regimes we have in the salons. A lot of women irrespective of their age, length of hair, greasy or dry have had to deal with split ends. However, women who have long tresses are likely to suffer from split hair.
Here are some home remedies that will help you deal with the problem of split ends.
Eggs are naturally rich in proteins and essential fatty acids that are important in treating split ends. Since your hair is composed of proteins, eggs will assist in making the hair follicles stronger. Additionally, it will smoothen your hair, decrease tangles and make it more resistance to breakage.
Use an egg mask once every week on a regular basis. Before applying an egg mask, you will need to brush out your hair so as to prevent tangles.
• Beat an egg yolk and combine with 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey. Rub it gently into wet hair and let it remain on the hair for 30 minutes then rinse it with some warm water. When you are sure your hair is clean, use your shampoo for the final rinse.
• Alternately, beat an egg with 1 tbsp of almond oil. Apply it on wet hair and leave it for 30 minutes before you finally rinse and shampoo it.
This is one great home remedy for split ends. Massaging your scalp helps in stimulating blood circulation and this allows your hair to become stronger and shine thus preventing split ends. When massaging the head, you may use a mixture of coconut oil and almond oil all in equal quantities. For you to get better results, you will need to heat the oil mixture just a little bit before you can apply it on the skin.
Avocado & Olive Oil
This hair mask will not only get rid of split ends but it will also leave you with extremely soft and natural hair. You will need a half piece of ripe avocado and 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. If your hair is long and thick, you can double this recipe.
• Put the ingredients in a bowl and combine them well. The consistency should be thick and creamy.
• Shampoo your hair first and then apply the mask. Using a shower cap, cover it and leave it on the hair for 5 to 30 minutes; depending on what you really want.
• After that, rinse off the mask and condition your hair as you would. You won’t belief how your hair will instantly look beautiful. This is actually one of the greatest ways to get rid of split ends.
Avocado functions as a deep conditioner to form lustrous locks. It’s packed with essential fatty acids, vitamin A,D and E, protein, magnesium, folic acid and so many other nutrients that help to nourish the hair and trigger growth. It also contains properties that make the hair softer.
• Blend or mash one medium sized ripe banana and combine with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and olive oil until you achieve a thick paste
• Generously spread this hair mask on the hair avoiding the roots
• Thoroughly rinse it off and then shampoo the hair
• Do this once every week
I know you are probably wondering beer, really? Well, beer is excellent in controlling split ends as it provides sugar and proteins to the impaired hair follicles. It’s also a great conditioner and increases volume and shine to the hair.
• Shampoo the hair
• Put some flat beer in a spray bottle. Spray it generously on your wet hair
• Allow it to remain on the hair for about 5 minutes. You do not have to rinse it out
• Repeat this once weekly
Papaya is rich in protein and it assists in nourishing the hair and reducing split ends. It also helps in getting rid of build up, volumizes the hair and brings back natural hairs’ softness and shine.
• Blend a half piece of ripe papaya( should be peeled and deseeded) with half cup of plain yogurt until you achieve a smooth paste
• Spread it on the hair and allow it to sit for 30 minutes
• Thoroughly rinse and shampoo the hair
• Do this every week for several months and you should start seeing the effects
Honey contains a humectant property (ability to attract moisture) and due to its nutrient content, it’s a great home remedy for tackling dry and damaged hair that’s prone to splitting and breakage. It serves as a natural hair moisturizer and conditioner thus making the hair softer and shinier.
• Combine 2 tablespoons of honey in 4 cups of warm water
• Shampoo the hair and then rinse off with the mixture
• Give it some minutes to soak in the hair and then rinse off
• Do this once every week
Wash your hair thoroughly and then apply Shea butter. Massage it gently into wet hair and then let it dry naturally. Within a few days of using Shea butter, you should start seeing the results as it offers instant relief on split ends and frizzy hair.
Jojoba oil is not only for the skin but it can be used to keep your hair extremely soft and split- end free. Just take some bit of the oil and apply it on the split ends and leave it for about 30 minutes or all night then rinse off. You will love how amazing your hair will look like.
Bananas are packed with potassium, iron, natural oils and vitamin A, C and E. They help in restoring the natural elasticity of your hair and reduce breakage. In addition, they help in softening and moisturizing the hair, trigger repair of damaged hair and improving manageability.
• Combine one ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, rose water and lemon juice then blend the contents together
• Spread the banana hair mask on your hair
• Allow it to sit for one hour and then rinse off
• Do this twice a week
If you have split ends, then follow the above tips on how to get rid of split ends and you should be able to have great looking hair that’s free of any damages.